Website Update (Behind the Scenes) In Progress!
The Tentative Class Schedule for 2017-2018 is READY! It is posted under the "Curriculum - Class Schedule (PDF)" link.
2017-2018 Membership & Enrollment
Updated: March 16, 2017
- HCA enrollment and family membership is currently closed.
- New families may request membership as soon as the updated website is ready. We anticipate that to be in sometime in late April or early May, at least two weeks prior to the start Open Enrollment.
- Enrollment & Registration for the 2017-2018 academic year should begin in May.
- Open Enrollment (for families NEW to HCA) will begin about one week after Returning Family Enrollment starts.
- If you are not a current HCA member family, please contact us via the "Contact HCA" link to be put on an email list to receive emails regarding the next academic year.
- HCA is a cooperative tutorial which offers classes on Thursdays only for 30 weeks during the academic year to supplement Christian home schooling families at home instruction.
- HCA is NOT an umbrella organization nor does it provide records or transcript services.
- HCA does provide an opportunity for children and teens to experience a small classroom setting and interact with their peers and enjoy group activities in classes such as Drama, P.E. and Music.
2017-2018 TENTATIVE Calender in a Nutshell
Printable yearly calendar - TENTATIVE!
- Mandatory Orientation: Wed, Sep. 6, 2017
- 1st Semester Begins: Thu, Sept. 7, 2017
- Thanksgiving (no classes): Thu, Nov. 23, 2017
- Last Thursday class day for 2017 (13th week): Dec. 7
- Dress Rehearsal for Christmas Festival: Friday, Dec. 8, 2017
- Christmas Festival: Saturday, Dec. 9, 2017
- 1st Semester Inclement Weather Make-up Day: Jan. 4, 2018
- Resume 1st Semester (14th week): Thu, Jan. 11, 2018
- 1st Semester Ends (15th week): Jan. 18, 2018
- 2nd Semester Begins (16th week): Thur, Jan. 25, 2018
- Holy Week (no classes): Thu, March 29, 2018
- Final Thursday class day (30th week): May 10, 2018
- Dress Rehearsal for Fine Arts Festival: Friday, May 11, 2018
- Open House & Fine Arts Festival: Saturday, May 12, 2018
- 2nd semester Inclement Weather Make-up Day: Thursday, May 17, 2018
- BJU Standardized Testing: Tentatively 3rd or 4th week of May
2017-2018 Class Schedule is Tentatively Complete
The Tentative Class Schedule for 2017-2018 is READY! It is posted under the "Curriculum - Class Schedule (PDF)". PLEASE NOTE THAT AS OF RIGHT NOW, THAT IS THE ONLY CURRENT INFORMATION FOR OUR CLASSES. Class availability, teachers, and class descriptions currently on the website are for current classes.
- Next year's Apologia Elementary Science for 3rd-7th graders will be Botany.
- Trail Guides to Geography and Mapping the World By Heart classes will cover World Geography in 2017-2018. These classes alternate between World and U.S. geography every other year.
- Each level of IEW Writing classes alternate between two texts every other year. For example, this year's 3-5 IEW Writing used "Fables, Myths & Fairy Tales". During 2017-2018 the class will use "All Things Fun & Fascinating."
- A full-day of classes for 1st and 2nd graders will be taught by an experienced Elementary Education teacher, with Core Block (1st & 2nd period - Language Arts, Social Studies and Math activities to supplement home instruction) and a 3rd period Jr. "Science/Nature Study" class.
- K-2 classes will remain available for Art, Music and P.E. Kindergarten students must be 5 years old by the first Thursday HCA holds classes.
MANDATORY Orientation Meeting for 2017 - 2018
FAMILIES JOINING HCA AFTER September 7th: A mini-Orientation session will be scheduled on the first Thursday your family attends HCA classes.
When: Wednesday, September 6, 2017 - Doors will open at 8:40 AM; mandatory presentation will begin at 9 AM.
Who: Attendance by at least one parent from each family and any teens (13 years and older) attending HCA is MANDATORY. Please plan ahead as and make arrangements for infants and younger children as child care is not available.
Where: SAYSF Bible Church
Why: HCA has important information to communicate with all families to ensure a smooth and successful year.
- Critical policies and procedures will be reviewed.
- Parents will sign up for their mandatory Parent Assistant activity if not already done.
- Student attendance with a parent at the Orientation is highly recommended so that students may meet their teachers and visit classrooms. Attendance for teens attending HCA is mandatory.
- Information about HCA's activities can be discussed with the Coordinators.
- HCA T-shirts will be on sale.
Every effort is made to streamline the Orientation meeting. Most families should be able to complete all the required items in less than two hours. Please read the Orientation packet before arriving.